CHEE FEI MENG
Securities Commission Malaysia & Co-Chair of the High-Level Inter-Agency Steering Committee, Financial Education Network
- Chee Fei Meng is General Counsel for the Securities Commission Malaysia (SC), responsible for Advisory, Law Reform, Rules and Regulations, and the Consumer and Investor Office. Her remit covers policy and regulatory reforms, oversight of legal advisory and financial and investment literacy. She is also Co-Chair of the Financial Education Network Steering Committee, an inter-agency grouping led by the SC and Bank Negara Malaysia.
- With over 25 years’ experience in corporate and capital markets, Fei Meng has worked in key positions such as legal practitioner, in-house counsel and equity capital markets banker. She was previously the Senior Managing Director and Regional Head of Group Legal – Wholesale Banking and Group Asset Management & Investments, CIMB Group.
- Fei Meng has been recognised for her contribution and achievements in the legal field by GC Powerlist Southeast Asia 2017 by Legal 500 and one of the Top 100 Corporate Counsels in Asia Pacific by Legal 500 in 2014.
- A graduate in Economics and Law from Monash University Australia, Fei Meng was admitted as Barrister and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Victoria, Australia as well as Advocate and Solicitor of the High Court of Malaya.
Ismitz Matthew De Alwis
President of Financial Planning Association of Malaysia
- Mr Ismitz Matthew De Alwis is the Chief Executive Officer for Kenanga Investors Berhad (KIB) responsible for the overall asset and investment management business of KIB and its subsidiaries. He joined Kenanga Investors in June 2013 upon the acquisition of ING Funds Berhad where he was the Executive Director and country head for ING Investment Management business in Malaysia. He started as an Investment Analyst with a regional research & advisory firm, where he obtained vast regional exposure in Hong Kong, Philippines, Dubai and Singapore. He brings with him more than 25 years of experience, expertise and several leadership roles in the fields of financial and investment management both regionally and locally.
- De Alwis is a member of University of Cambridge, Judge Business School – ABSEP alumni network and also attended the Advanced Business Management Program (ABMP) by International Institute for Management Development (IMD), Lausanne, Switzerland. He holds an MBA and professional qualifications from the Chartered Institute of Marketing UK (CIM UK). He is also a Certified Financial Planner (CFP) and Islamic Financial Planner (IFP). He has a Capital Markets Services Representative’s License (CMSRL) from the Securities Commission Malaysia for fund management, investment advice and financial planning.
- He is currently on the board of the Federation of Investment Managers Malaysia (FIMM), Committee Member of Malaysia Asset Management (MAAM), member of the Licensing Examinations Review Committee (LERC) for the Securities Commission Licensing Examination Module 10: Asset & Funds Management. He was also appointed to the Industry Competency Framework (ICF) Advisory Panel for the Malaysian Capital Market project undertaken by the Securities Industry Development Corporation (SIDC). He is also currently the President of Financial Planning Association of Malaysia (FPAM).
Nicholas Chu Chee Khiang
Organizing Chairperson of FPAMFLY 2020
- Mr Nicholas Chu is the Managing Director of Max Growth Wealth Education Sdn Bhd, a company providing financial education for the public. He is also attached to Phillip Wealth Planner Sdn Bhd as a Licensed Financial Planner and a Financial Adviser Representative. Nicholas has written 3 financial planning books entitled; “Learning Financial Planning –The Fundamental”, ”Retirement Chips” and “Big Life Financial Management”. With his vast experience in financial planning, Nicholas was appointed as a columnist for the financial section in Nanyang Siang Pau, Sin Chew Jit Poh, China Press, Money Compass, Feminine magazine, etc. He is also a frequent guest speaker on local radio station (AiFM, OneFM) and TV Stations (NTV 7, Bernama TV , 8TV and Astro).
- He was elected to the FPAM Board of Governors in 2015. Prior to this, he was Chairman of FPAM Melaka Chapter from 2011 to 2015.
Zoom link is opened and sign-in by guests
FPAMFLY 2020 Video Presentation
12.00 pm - Closing & End