Value Investing in Quality Bursa Malaysia Shares
29th July 2015, Wednesday [ Full day ]
FPAM: 10 CE Points / SIDC: 10 CE Points / FiMM: 8 CPD Poin
By attending the course, participants will be able to:
- Construct a portfolio of high value KLSE shares with the goal of capital preservation and income.
- Be able to diversify a portfolio of high value, quality shares so as to minimize sector and market risk.
- Apply the framework of sentiment analysis to buying and selling high value shares with the goal of buying value at a discount and selling when the share is fully valued.
- Use a fundamental filter to find shares that offer high return on equity, return on assets, intrinsic value, low debt to equity, retained earnings, low PE, dividends over 3 % and intrinsic value. This filter uses the time tested valuation models of Warren Buffet and Benjamin Graham. The filters rank shares based on these criteria.
- Identify stage analysis based on Dow Theory to know when one should buy and when one should sell from a probability standpoint. Apply volume spread analysis based on Dow Theory to anticipate institutional and professional buying and selling.
- When to sell a dividend share based on fundamentals such as change in management, cuts in dividends, restructuring, changes in Bank Negara interest rate policies and balance sheet impairment.
- Apply the fiduciary’s responsibilities in monitoring an investment portfolio for market risk as well as company risk
Venue: Dewan: Perdana, Bukit Kiara Equestrian & Country Resorts, KL
Time: 9.00 am – 5.00 pm
Instructor/s: Mr. Martin Wong
Fees: Early Bird Special by 20th July 2015 – RM 296.80 [FPAM Members],
RM 424 [Public Normal RM 339.20 [FPAM Members], RM 477 [Public]