Members who have passed Module 1 of the certification examination are eligible to apply for the Associate Financial Planner Malaysia (AFPM) designation. AFPM members are individuals who have shown technical competency in basic financial planning.
The AFPM designation is the first step in the pathway towards obtaining the CFPCERT TM designation and provides a good starting point for professionals who have the necessary skill sets and knowledge but have yet to qualify for Certified status.
Holders of the designation are allowed to use the AFPM mark on their business cards and this provides immediate recognition by peers, clients and also employers as it is proof of commitment towards acquiring an internally recognized qualification.
An AFPM designation holder can recommend the full range of financial products to match the needs of clients and provide segmented plans.
AFPM holders who pass an additional module are also eligible for internship programme under licensed financial planners.
AFPM holders are required to abide by the Association’s Code of Ethics and Professional Responsibilities and must complete 20 hours of Continuing Education (CE) every two years.
Privileges of being an Associate Member (AFPM)
● AFPM members are entitled to use the AFPM designation in his or her business cards
● Complimentary copies of “4E Journal”, FPAM’s publication exclusively for members
● Special rates to attend continuing education programs including seminars, forums, conferences and luncheons.
● Invitations to networking events and industry related gatherings.
● Library services and Internet access at FPAM’s office.